We're at the halfway point of Fringe 2013 and many people have their scheduled day off right around now. Your day off is a precious thing not to be wasted. Here are a few suggestions about how to spend it:
- See ALL the shows. Make a timetable and see all the shows you want to but usually can't because of flyering and your own show.
- Go to the cinema. Edinburgh's movie tickets are cheaper than many other places, the cinemas are likely to be pretty empty because apparently there's some arts festival going on, and there are some good summer films out now. Decompress in a big dark room with some strangers.
- Climb Arthur's Seat. Classic day off activity. It only takes a few hours and it's an amazing way to see the city.
- Climb Calton Hill. Admittedly you could probably do this on a non-day-off, as at 50 or so steps up, it only takes about an hour to take in the whole thing, but this is one of the best ways to view Edinburgh.
- Go for a walk around the Castle or Holyrood Palace grounds. If you can afford it, go inside one of those.
- Climb the Scott Monument in Princes Street Gardens. It's pretty amazing when you get to the top.
- Catch up on some sleep, then go to a restaurant, do some shopping and see a big, famous standup do a comedy show. You've earned it.